The research activity focused on breast cancer spans from basic and translational research to clinical trials, epidemiology, clinical psychology, radiotherapy, surgery, and includes different areas and topics:
- Identification of the molecular bases of breast cancer occurrence, progression and response to therapy, including both tumor-intrinsic features and the relevance of tumor/microenvironment cross-talk, inflammation and immunity.
- Identification of biomarkers: of early diagnosis, including circulating markers as microRNAs; prognostic and predictive of responsiveness to different therapeutic treatments, from chemotherapy to targeted therapies.
- Evaluation of dietary habits and environmental factors in preventing and predicting breast cancer risk.
- In the Medical Oncology Department, several new drugs are under investigation, aimed towards a personalized medicine approach.
- In the Surgery Department, different approaches are under investigation to optimize the surgical intervention, both limiting the procedure invasiveness and preserving the effectiveness.
Different research groups are involved in these activities.
DIPARTIMENTO DI ONCOLOGIA MEDICA ED EMATOLOGIA
DIPARTIMENTI DI AREA DI RICERCA
DIPARTIMENTO DI CHIRURGIA
S.S.D. Bersagli Molecolari
MicroRNA - Start Up Unit
S.S.D. Medicina Predittiva: Basi Molecolari Rischio Genetico e Test Genetici
DIPARTIMENTO DI RICERCA APPLICATA E SVILUPPO TECNOLOGICO
DIPARTIMENTO DI RICERCA